DIVORCE MEDIATIONA proven process where agreements are highlighted, differences negotiated, and individualized settlements can be reached in a private manner. Save time. Save money. Get on with your life.
A UNIQUE DIVORCE SOLUTION
Do you and your spouse know divorce is inevitable but don’t want a long, expensive battle? Do you feel confident you understand the assets and debts in your estate? Have you heard horror stories about divorce or had a bad divorce in the past and don’t want to relive any of this?
Are you concerned the divorce process might cost too much and you will lose control?
The mediation process is a way to divorce without the long, drawn out battle. Walk through the valuation and division of your estate with a financial neutral expertly handling all the financial and tax issues of your divorce.
This is a simple 6 step process that works:
- The couple meets with us in a preliminary meeting where we learn about your estate and your needs. We provide a detailed road map of the mediation process in this meeting.
- Once hired, we give you a list of financial information to gather and a blank parenting plan to reference.
- We create your estate spreadsheet and your post-divorce budgets.
- We meet with each of you individually to discuss your wants, wishes and post-divorce needs.
- We hold a joint negotiation session where agreements are highlighted, and differences are negotiated. The goal of this meeting (or meetings) is to finalize the details of your estate division and the co-parenting plan your children going forward. We will create a “Settlement of Meetings” document for you complete with everything you have agreed to.
- One completed, you will take the “Settlement of Meetings” document to a family law attorney to complete the legal process.
Questions We Often Receive:
Q: Do I have to hire an attorney?
A: This is a legal process. Attorneys can not only provide legal advice, but also peace of mind. We have a list of cooperative focused attorneys we recommend who understand our process and respect the wishes of those trying to divorce in a non-litigated manner.
We encourage each party to seek their own counsel, but ultimately it’s up to you. We are not attorneys. We do not file any documents with the court nor draft any legal documents.
Q: How much will this cost?
A: Our mediation fees are FLAT FEES ranging from $3,000 – $6,000 depending on the complexity of your estate. This does not include the price for an attorney, court filing fees, complex forensic work (if requested) or the price of any post-divorce deeds or other legal documents.
At your initial meeting we will review your estate details and provide a flat fee for your specific needs.
Q: How long does the process take?
A: Our process typically takes 30 – 60 days.
Texas mandates you wait 60 days from the day of filing for divorce to the day of finalizing. Typically, the parties file for divorce at the beginning of our process and everything is negotiated by the end of the 60-day waiting period.
Q: What if we disagree strongly on several issues?
A: Without sounding flippant, that is why you are getting divorced. We will highlight what you DO agree on and help you negotiate what you do not agree on. That is what you are hiring us to do!! We do NOT guarantee an outcome, but thus far we have had strong success in helping couples negotiate a settlement.